Thank you for your interest in participating in World Green Infrastructure Congress 2024 (WGIC 2024)
The 11th World Green Infrastructure Congress will be held in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland at University of Auckland, from 3rd to 5th September 2024. The WGIC 2024 is the leading global event for green infrastructure, promoting an exchange of knowledge and inspiration between professionals, companies, associations, institutions, public authorities and scientists to discuss and progress green infrastructure.
Submit your abstract by 8th March 2024!
We welcome submissions for abstracts, and PhD posters of work underway or complete within the last year.
Ko au ko te taiao, ko te taiao ko au
I am the environment, and the environment is me
The conference theme emphasises the inseparable bond between us and the natural world. Our reliance and impact on the environment underline the need for sustainable and respectful urban environments, where biodiversity, water and society are regenerated. This theme will guide the following five streams.
- Urban Strategies, Policy and Regulation: Explore how urban planning and policies influence how cities develop, and can support positive outcomes for nature, society and the economy.
- Environment and biodiversity: Understand the science promoting positive outcomes for the environment and biodiversity.
- Technology and innovation: Learn from international experts about the technological advancements and innovative practices that are supporting sustainable resource management and environmental protection.
- Built environment and urban form: Understand how urban design and architecture can foster a sense of community and connection to the natural world.
- Building neighborhoods that help communities thrive and create a sense of place: Creating spaces that nurture community bonds and a deep connection to their natural and cultural environments.
World Green Infrastructure Congress 2024 aims to:
- Catalyse action on climate resilience, both environmentally, socially and economically by promoting the use of green infrastructure and nature-based solutions
- Bring together an international community of experts to share knowledge
- Highlight current and emerging research priorities and trends
- Progress policy to support the uptake of nature-based solutions
- Share case studies, work in progress, project outcomes and learnings
|15min conversation starter, 5 minutes further discussion*
|Presentations should aim to engage the audience, to create interest, seek feedback and encourage further enquiry. Presentations must reference work currently underway or completed within the last year. A full paper is not required for submission. *Timings subject to change.
Posters encourage direct engagement between PhD students interested to share research to a wide audience, in a personal setting. Posters will be mounted in the open space available to attendees during breaks.
Posters encourage direct engagement between PhD students interested to share research to a wide audience, in a personal setting. A illustrated poster includes a title, introduction, methods, results, recommendations and references. It also shows acknowledgments, your name and institutional affiliation. All research information should be produced on A1-sized (594 × 841 mm) paper portrait or A0-sized paper (841 x 1189 mm) portrait. All submissions must be sent via website (to be released mid-end January). Accepted posters will be printed by student authors and mounted in the open space available to attendees during breaks.
If you have any questions about submissions, please contact WGIC24@auckland.ac.nz
Each submission is to be completed on the submission template provided which requests a Title (up to 15 words) and Abstract. Please compose these carefully as they will be assessed, and, are likely to be used as submitted in the Conference Programme and on the website.
Abstracts must be submitted in MS Word format, online by 11.59pm, Friday 8th March 2024, (New Zealand Time) using the paper template. Abstracts are limited to 500 words in length. Your abstract may not be considered if it does not conform to the template.
Full abstracts must:
- Uploaded in MS Word format (.doc or .docx)
- Conform to the template
- Maximum of 500 words
DOWNLOAD the template here
Once the abstract has been reviewed, authors will be advised by email whether their abstract is:
- Accepted for inclusion in the programme
- Requires revision and further review before final acceptance can be made
- Declined for inclusion in the programme
Revised abstracts must be submitted via the Submission Portal by the due date. Final review will be completed as quickly as possible and a final result given.
The presenting author of an accepted abstract must have registered and paid to attend World Green Infrastructure Congress 2024 by Monday 6th May 2024 in order to be included in the programme.
All submissions will be reviewed, based on the following criteria:
- relevance to the themes and aims of World Green Infrastructure Congress 2024
- originality and degree of engagement to the World Green Infrastructure Congress 2024
- relevance and applicability to the audience
- compliance with the word count and format requirements for abstracts (as per template)
All submitters will receive an email confirming the outcome of their proposal. All of these criteria are key considerations in the acceptance of all submissions. We reserve the right to discuss your submission with you as part of the process of assembling the programme, and may accept your proposal under a different category, for example accepting a presentation as a poster.
Publishing of abstracts
Abstracts may be included digitally or in print in Congress collateral.
It is the authors responsibility to ensure that all data and images referenced or reproduced in their abstract has all necessary rights and approvals authorised by any and all relevant bodies. The submitting author gives permission for their paper to be published in the proceedings. Copyright remains the property of the authors of each abstract.
Keep up to date with us!
15 January 2024
16 February 2024
8 March 2024
29 March 2024
Revised Abstracts Due:
26 April 2024
Revised Author Notification:
3 May 2024
6 May 2024
10 May 2024
Have a question about the event?
Get in touch with