World Green Infrastructure Congress
Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland
3-5 September 2024
Registration now open
World Green Infrastructure Congress is the leading global event promoting an exchange of knowledge and inspiration between professionals, companies, associations, institutions, public authorities and scientists to discuss nature-based solutions. Our reliance and impact on the environment underline the need for sustainable urban environments, where biodiversity, water and society are regenerated.
The goal of the 2024 Congress is to catalyse the use of nature-based solutions in urban environments. By coming together as an international community with experience and expertise, we aim to progress action on climate resilience, both environmentally, socially and economically.
In 2024, the University of Auckland, Waipapa Taumata Rau, in collaboration with Design for Nature and the World Green Infrastructure Network will be hosting the 11th World Green Infrastructure Congress in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand.
The conference will enable an environment for strategic discussions amongst sponsors and delegates alike. We are expecting 600 delegates who are at the forefront of green infrastructure strategy, policy, research, design and technology.
Ko au ko te taiao, ko te taiao ko au
I am the environment, and the environment is me
The conference theme emphasises the inseparable bond between us and the natural world. Our reliance and impact on the environment underline the need for sustainable and respectful urban environments, where biodiversity, water and society are regenerated. This theme will guide the following five streams.
- Urban Strategies, Policy and Regulation: Explore how urban planning and policies influence how cities develop, and can support positive outcomes for nature, society and the economy.
- Environment and biodiversity: Understand the science promoting positive outcomes for the environment and biodiversity.
- Technology and innovation: Learn from international experts about the technological advancements and innovative practices that are supporting sustainable resource management and environmental protection.
- Built environment and urban form: Understand how urban design and architecture can foster a sense of community and connection to the natural world.
- Building neighbourhoods that help communities thrive and create a sense of place: Creating spaces that nurture community bonds and a deep connection to their natural and cultural environments.
World Green Infrastructure Congress 2024 aims to:
- Catalyse action on climate resilience, both environmentally, socially and economically by promoting the use of green infrastructure and nature-based solutions
- Bring together an international community of experts to share knowledge
- Highlight current and emerging research priorities and trends
- Progress policy to support the uptake of nature-based solutions
- Share case studies, work in progress, project outcomes and learnings
Become a Sponsor
Want to be part of this prestigious event? We have a range of sponsorship packages to suit your needs and budget.
Be one of our Speakers
If you have a great idea for a presentation for the World Green Infrastructure Congress 2024, we’d love to hear from you. Please review the abstracts requirements by clicking the link below. A ‘Call for Abstracts’ will be live for submissions mid-late January 2024.
Keep up to date with us!
15 January 2024
16 February 2024
8 March 2024
29 March 2024
Revised Abstracts Due:
26 April 2024
Revised Author Notification:
3 May 2024
6 May 2024
10 May 2024
Have a question about the event?
Get in touch with